Against medical advice

Rachel
As good practice and to protect my license I have always stopped treating a patient if they decide to go against my medical advice, i.e. sign a waiver to eat a diet that is not restricted/recommended. I was recently asked by my employer to continue with Vitalstim and trafitional exercises but not trials with a patient that signed a waiver and is not following my diet recommendation. This patient is at a very high risk for aspiration if they do not consume thickened liquids. Of course I want to help to make this person as safe as possible. Does anyone know if I am putting myself at risk if I continue to treat? What does everyone else do in this situation?