Child using high pitched voice intermittently

Child using high pitched voice intermittently

Chole
I am a new SLP and I have a client who has been seen by my present place of employment for 6-8 months. She is 3 years old. Originally she was not speaking many words at all and now that she is she often uses an inappropriate high pitched intonation when talking. Her mother is concerned and asked for advice on how to correct this behavior as it often disturbs her toddler brother napping etc. As her mother describes it to be almost yelling at home. My initial suggestion was to practice using a soft voice or quiet voice when she initiates this behavior but mom states they've tried this and it does not help. I am thinking I could try taking this approach in sessions also and see if the more formal instruction helps. Any other suggestions? Similar experiences?