Cross Battery for Speech in schools

Texas Speech Lady
Hello! I have a student who was tested for speech and SLD. Cross Battery results show scores within range with my language testing (low 80's, which is above eligibility criteria), but non-verbal cognitive scores are super high (131). He is qualifying as SLD in oral and written expression, as well as a few other things. He does have some trouble formulating language and is easily overwhelmed by lots of verbal input. So, here's my question: should this student qualify as language impaired or is it the learning disability that's the problem? He technically doesn't qualify because his scores are in the 80's, he clearly does have issues with communication. I'm not sure what to do because his problem really does seem more cognitive than speech related, but I hate to let him go if I could actually help him.