ED and pragmatics/social language

kawika
I have inherited many (adolescent)students in the past that are questionably appropriate for slp services. These are the ED students with behavioral difficulties. Many know the social communication "rules" but choose not to use them. Most of these students that I speak of do not have autism or (the old) Asperger's. I'm looking for ideas and wisdom to avoid theses students in the future. What are some useful philosophical underpinnings that will guide me during an assessment?