Moderately-Severely Delayed High School Students

Moderately-Severely Delayed High School Students

Robin
Hello-

I have recently switched districts and am now the SLP at a high school where I have all of the life skills and more severely delayed students.  I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for activities to engage them, but are also age appropriate.  I really appreciate any feedback!  Thanks!

Re: Moderately-Severely Delayed High School Students

Darla G "Ms Gardenia's Speech Room"
For those students who are more severely impaired, environmental switches are great during Life Skills type activities. One of my favorite is making smoothies. Place the ingredients into separate bowls as a sequencing task. Then have an environmental switch to work the blender. Have other switches for "I like that. I don't like that. Can I have a turn? I'm finished." and so on.