non verbal kiddo

Ann Jordan
I have been referred an almost 5 yr old boy who only uses vowel sounds to communicate.  He has passed a hearing screening.  His tongue and mouth appear to have adequate movement.  When asked his name, he replies "uh uh" which means Victor.  He seems to follow directions in class.

Any suggestions???

Re: non verbal kiddo

The BonBonSpeecher
Have you tried a Childhood Apraxia of Speech treatment approach?

Re: non verbal kiddo

Hardy12
It is always better to enroll kids in kindergarten to develop their abilities. Couple of months ago, I wanted to enroll my son in one of reputed kindergartens. I had searched a lot and finally came to know about a Phoenix kindergarten where I felt my kid will learn new skills. I have enrolled him there and he has shown great improvement.