velar fricative for velar stops

Susanne DJ
I have a client who has so many issues. I thought it would be easy to "clean up" the uncomplicated sound errors he has such as /p/ for /f/ and addressing that fronting of /k/ and /g/. We have reached a place where he can get his tongue up and back (either relined or sitting up) but he can't build up pressure to make it come out as a plosive sound so it's basically a velar or glottal fricative. I've seen this before but it usually switches to a stop sound pretty quickly. This guy is either getting an /h/ or fully velar fricative. I need help. It's painful to listen to it. Any suggestions welcome.